By, Fierce Fire Fox
• 1 box of cake mix (flavor of your choice)
• 1 can, bag, etc. of frosting
• 48 white melting chips (for the eyes)
• 48 large Ghirardelli chocolate chips (for the pupils- Ghirardelli chips are larger and more proportional)
• 24 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies(or small cookies
• Sky Blue food coloring
•Blue food coloring
1. Bake as directed on the cake mix box
2. Allow to cool for an hour to an hour and a half
1. Begin with two cupcakes. One will be the traditional base and the “muffin top” of the second will be the cookie monster’s head.
2. Slice the second cupcake in half horizontally. The top half of the cupcake will make the cookie monster’s head.
3. Frost the first cupcake lightly to secure the head.
4. Make a horizontal slice in the head so that you can stuff the cookie in.
5. Cut the chocolate chip cookies in half and stuff one in the slice you just made in the cupcake.
6. Tint the frosting bright blue using the Wilton Sky Blue food coloring. Add McCormick blue food coloring if necessary to get the blue just right.
7. Cover the entire head with blue frosting, using a decorative tip.
8. For the eyes, place two white chocolate melting chips on the cookie monster’s head.
9. Place two Ghirardelli chocolate chips on the white melting chips so that the eyes look a bit crazy.
10. Enjoy! 🙂
These cookies are great for a kid’s party! (Or any adult that loves cookies)